Book now available:
- Direct from the publisher: Gower Publishing, now part of the Taylor & Francis Group)
- From online booksellers, including Amazon, The Book Depository
PROCURING SUCCESSFUL MEGA-PROJECTS
Mega-projects descending into chaos and litigation embarrass Governments all over the world, as the public sector presides over fiascos that waste billions and destroy reputations. Inquiry after inquiry finds the damaging and costly failures of major Government projects can be traced back to the contract establishment process.
Procuring Successful Mega-Projects, a mentor’s guide for project directors, provides frank, fearless, practical advice on how to set up a major Government contract that won’t end up in court.
It’s all there:
- How to develop and negotiate a contract that doesn’t contain undeliverable obligations or perverse incentives but does contain the necessary provisions for successful project management;
- How to navigate the pitfalls of the public sector environment, from hiring freezes and governance frameworks to the complexities of managing the relationship with the Minister;
- How to select and manage the lawyers and other advisers, build the adviser-client relationship and recognise that unwelcome advice may not be unhelpful;
- How to structure and follow a bullet-proof procurement process that is fair to bidders and delivers great outcomes.
Procuring Successful Mega-Projects is essential reading, not just for the project director, but for everyone with a stake in the success of a mega-project: public sector executives; Ministers; private sector tenderers; infrastructure lenders; legal, financial and technical professional service providers; and procurement and project management professionals.